Love Youtube and Teachertube. Throughout this course I have gone to Youtube whenever I didn't understand something and always eventually found something that helped. Reading for this tutorial I found that Google purchased Youtube in 2006 and that it is only one of (but THE most popular) of video sharing sites. Our school has Youtube blocked to students at this stage but staff are able to use it and do so quite frequently. Obviously some dodgy material out there but just so much great stuff that it makes for a wonderful teaching tool. Quite a good introductory Youtube clip on Edutopia on the use of Youtube in the classroom.
Earlier this year (I think) a great Youtube clip was circulating using a Black Eyed Pead song that changed the words to Gotta Keep Reading. Seems everyone is copying this and here is just one example!
No comments:
Post a Comment