- Looked at World EBook Fair - appeared to have to pay to sign up for this one. One of the sites listed was Myebook which seemed to be one of the easier sites to use. Had many self published books and my friend Shelley the teacher immediately saw ways she could use this in the classroom. Come to that, I guess we could certainly be using this with our Reading Skills classes and Book Club.
- Project Guttenberg is a fantastic project and yes I would use Librivox although unfortunately I had trouble using that at school - I think it is just a matter of updating our Windows Media Player. The short stories in particular would be handy for one of our teachers who is often after "oldies but goodies" - some of which appeared to be here.
- Overdrive has been available at our local Public Library for some time now and I have downloaded a couple of audiobooks to my iPod to listen to while travelling.
- We are in the process of experimenting using ebooks with our struggling readers - using the Kindle with the Text to Speech function (even thought the speech leaves a lot to be desired!) has some benefits to these students.
Sunday, 5 June 2011
#22 Audiobooks and #23 Downloadable Media
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment